Have you ever tried to make your Squarespace site public but couldn’t figure out how to do it? It can be frustrating when you want to share your site with the world, but it’s not accessible to anyone outside of your account.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make your Squarespace site public, step-by-step.
We’ll also cover some common issues you may encounter and offer solutions to help you get your site live.
Plus, we’ll discuss why and when you should make your Squarespace site public, so you can make an informed decision for your website.
Let’s get started!
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to Make Squarespace Site Public, check out this video tutorial:
How To Make Squarespace Site Public:
- Log in to your Squarespace account and go to your website dashboard.
- Click on the “Settings” option from the left-hand menu.
- Under “Site Availability,” check if your site is set to “Private.” If it is, you need to upgrade to a paid plan to make it public.
- If you want to keep your site free, you can password protect it so that only those with a password can see it.
- To upgrade to a paid plan, click on the “Billing” option from the left-hand menu.
- Select the plan that suits you the best. The cheapest option is the $11 personal plan.
- Add your billing method and click on “Save.”
- Once you have upgraded to a paid plan, go back to the “Settings” option from the left-hand menu.
- Under “Site Availability,” change the setting to “Public.”
- Click on “Save” to make your Squarespace site public.
That’s it! Now your Squarespace site is public and can be accessed by anyone on the internet. If you found this tutorial helpful, please leave a like and subscribe to our channel for more Squarespace tips and tricks.
Can’t Make Squarespace Site Public – How to fix it?
Are you having trouble making your Squarespace site public? Don’t worry, there are a few solutions to this issue.
Option 1: Publish with a Subdomain
You can publish your site with a subdomain from Squarespace for free. However, you will still need to pay for hosting. To do this, go to your website and select the option to publish with a subdomain.
Option 2: Add a Custom Domain
If you want to add a custom domain, go to your site settings and set it up there. However, this is not the solution we will be discussing in this post.
Option 3: Upgrade to a Paid Plan
If your site availability is set to private, you will need to upgrade to a paid plan to make it public. You can select the plan that suits you best and add a billing method. Once you have done this, you can publish your site.
Option 4: Password Protect Your Site
You can also password protect your site for free. However, this is not the most reliable solution and may not be suitable for all users. We recommend upgrading to a paid plan instead.
By following one of these solutions, you should be able to make your Squarespace site public and live for all to see.
Why and when should you Make Squarespace Site Public?
When creating a website on Squarespace, you have the option to keep it private or make it public. But when should you make your Squarespace site public? Here are some reasons:
- Increased visibility: Making your Squarespace site public means that anyone can access it, which can help increase your site’s visibility and reach a wider audience.
- Easier sharing: If you want to share your site with others, it’s much easier to do so when it’s public. You can simply share the URL and anyone can access it.
- Improved SEO: When your site is public, search engines can crawl and index your site, which can improve your site’s search engine optimization (SEO) and help it rank higher in search results.
So, if you want to take advantage of these benefits, it’s a good idea to make your Squarespace site public. To do so, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid plan, as the free plan only allows for private sites or password-protected sites. Once you’ve upgraded, you can easily publish your site and start reaping the benefits of increased visibility, easier sharing, and improved SEO.
Conclusion – Make Squarespace Site Public
Making your Squarespace site public can be a great way to increase your site’s visibility, make it easier to share, and improve its SEO.
By following the step-by-step guide we provided, you can easily make your site public and accessible to anyone on the internet.
If you encounter any issues, you can try one of the solutions we’ve suggested, such as publishing with a subdomain or upgrading to a paid plan.
Ultimately, the decision to make your Squarespace site public is up to you, but we hope this post has helped you make an informed decision for your website.
Remember, with a public Squarespace site, you can reach a wider audience and take your online presence to the next level.