How To Link To An Anchor In Wix?
Have you ever wanted to link to a specific section of your Wix website? Maybe you have a long page with multiple sections, and you want to guide users to a particular section.
Or perhaps you want to create a smooth user experience by allowing users to navigate your website easily and quickly.
Whatever the reason, linking to an anchor in Wix can be beneficial in several ways.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to link anything on your website to an anchor on your Wix website.
We’ll also discuss why and when you should link to an anchor, as well as some possible solutions if you’re having trouble linking to an anchor.
So, if you’re ready to improve the user experience on your Wix website, keep reading!
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to Link To An Anchor In Wix, check out this video tutorial:
How To Link To An Anchor In Wix?
Here is how to link anything on your website to an anchor on your Wix website:
- Decide which element you would like to link to your anchor. Please note that not all elements are available to link. For example, the shop and gallery are not available, but elements like buttons or images are items you can connect to your anchor.
- Go to the page on which you would like to see or add the anchor. Click on ‘Add’ and go over to ‘Menu and Anchor’. This will take you to the anchors and anchor menus.
- To add an anchor, simply click on ‘Anchor’ and drag it onto your website. You can double-click on your anchor or click on the ‘Rename’ button and give it a custom name.
- Go back to your homepage and click on the element you want to link to your anchor. For example, click on the ‘Join Us’ button.
- Click on the ‘Link’ button and select ‘Anchor’ instead of ‘Non’, ‘Page’, or ‘Web Address’.
- Select the page on which your anchor should be. In this case, it’s on the ‘Plants and Pricing’ page, and the anchor on the page we would like to redirect to is also ‘Pricing’. Click on ‘Done’.
- Save your website and preview it. When you click on the linked element, you will be sent over to your ‘Plants and Pricing’ page where the anchor will work.
If you need any help, feel free to ask in the comments down below.
Can’t Link To An Anchor In Wix – How to fix it?
If you’re having trouble linking to an anchor in Wix, there are a few possible solutions.
First, make sure that the element you want to link is available for linking. Not all elements are eligible, such as the shop or gallery. However, buttons and images are among the items that can be connected to an anchor.
Next, decide which element you want to link to your anchor. For example, if you want to link a button, go to the link button and select “anchor” instead of “non,” “page,” or “web address.”
Then, go to the page where you want to add the anchor and click “add” and then “menu and anchor.” Drag the anchor onto your website and double-click to give it a custom name.
Finally, link the element to the anchor by selecting the page where the anchor is located and choosing the anchor name. Save your website and preview it to ensure that the anchor works properly.
If you’re still having trouble, consider reaching out to Wix support or consulting their community forums for additional assistance.
Why and when should you Link To An Anchor In Wix?
Linking to an anchor in Wix can be beneficial in several ways. Here are some reasons why and when you should link to an anchor:
- Direct users to a specific section: By linking to an anchor, you can guide users to a specific section of your website. This is helpful when you have a long page with multiple sections and want to highlight a particular section.
- Create a smooth user experience: Anchors allow users to navigate your website easily and quickly. By clicking on a link that leads directly to the section they are interested in, they don’t have to waste time scrolling through irrelevant content.
- Increase engagement: When you link to an anchor, users are more likely to engage with your website. By guiding them to specific sections, they are more likely to read the content, click on links, and take action.
It’s important to note that not all elements on your Wix website can be linked to an anchor. For example, the shop and gallery are not available for linking. However, elements like buttons and images can be linked to an anchor.
In conclusion, linking to an anchor in Wix is a great way to improve the user experience, guide users to specific content, and increase engagement. If you have a long page with multiple sections or want to highlight a particular section, consider linking to an anchor to make navigation easier for your users.
Conclusion – Link To An Anchor In Wix
By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can easily link anything on your website to an anchor on your Wix website.
And if you’re having trouble, there are a few possible solutions to try.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to Wix support or consult their community forums for additional assistance.
With anchors, you can create a smooth and engaging user experience that will keep visitors coming back to your website.
So, start linking to anchors today and see the benefits for yourself!