Have you ever wanted to link a page in WordPress to another page but didn’t know how? Linking pages in WordPress is an essential part of website management, but it can be challenging if you don’t know where to start.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to link a page in WordPress to another page step-by-step.
We’ll also discuss why and when you should link pages, and what to do if you’re having trouble linking pages in WordPress.
As a WordPress web designer, I have the expertise and knowledge to guide you through this process.
So, let’s get started!
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to Link A Page In WordPress To Another Page, check out this video tutorial:
How To Link A Page In WordPress To Another Page?
Here is how to link a page in WordPress to another page:
- Log in to your WordPress website and navigate to the page you want to edit.
- Click on the “Permalink” option located at the top of the page.
- Copy the link of the page you want to add to this page.
- Select the text or image you want to use as the link to the other page.
- Click on the “Link” button located in the toolbar above the text editor.
- Paste the link you copied earlier into the “URL” field.
- Click on the “Add Link” button to save the changes.
- Update the page to see the changes take effect.
That’s it! Now, when you view the page, you’ll see the text or image you selected as the link to the other page. When you click on it, the other page will open in a new tab or window, depending on your browser settings.
Can’t Link A Page In WordPress To Another Page – How to fix it?
If you’re having trouble linking a page in WordPress to another page, there are a few possible solutions you can try:
1. Check the Permalink Structure: Make sure the permalink structure of both pages is correct. You can find this by going to the page editor and clicking on the Permalink option. If the permalink structure is incorrect, edit it and save the changes.
2. Check for Broken Links: Sometimes, the link you’re trying to use may be broken. To check for broken links, you can use a plugin like Broken Link Checker. If you find any broken links, fix them and try linking the pages again.
3. Clear Cache: If you have a caching plugin installed, clear the cache and try linking the pages again. Sometimes, cached pages can cause issues with linking.
4. Use the Correct Link Format: Make sure you’re using the correct link format when linking the pages. You can use either the full URL or the relative URL. If you’re using the relative URL, make sure it’s correct.
5. Use a Plugin: If none of the above solutions work, you can try using a plugin like Page Links To. This plugin allows you to easily link pages to other pages, posts, or external URLs.
By trying these solutions, you should be able to fix the issue of not being able to link a page in WordPress to another page.
Why and when should you Link A Page In WordPress To Another Page?
Linking pages in WordPress is an essential part of website management. It allows you to connect pages and content together, making it easier for users to navigate your website. Here are some reasons why and when you should link a page in WordPress to another page:
- Enhance user experience: By linking pages, you make it easier for users to find relevant content on your website. For instance, if you have a blog post that talks about a particular product, you can link that post to the product page, making it easier for users to learn more about the product.
- Improve website structure: Linking pages can help you create a clear website structure. By organizing your content and linking related pages, you can make it easier for search engines to understand your website’s hierarchy.
- Boost SEO: Internal linking is an important aspect of SEO. By linking pages, you can pass link equity from one page to another, helping to improve the overall authority of your website.
- Update content: If you have updated or added new content to your website, linking to it from relevant pages can help drive traffic to the new content and increase engagement.
- Improve conversion rates: By linking to relevant pages, you can guide users towards your call-to-action, which can help increase conversion rates.
In conclusion, linking pages in WordPress is an important aspect of website management. By linking pages, you can improve user experience, website structure, SEO, update content, and improve conversion rates.
Conclusion – Link A Page In WordPress To Another Page
By following the step-by-step instructions provided, you should be able to easily link pages and improve your website’s navigation and structure.
Additionally, if you’re having trouble linking pages, there are several solutions you can try, such as checking the permalink structure, clearing cache, and using a plugin.
By linking pages, you can enhance user experience, boost SEO, and improve conversion rates, making it a crucial aspect of website management.
So, start linking your pages today and see the positive impact it has on your website!