Are you concerned about the security of your WordPress website? One way to increase its security is by hiding the login page URL.
This can make it harder for hackers to find and attempt to gain unauthorized access to your site.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to hide the WordPress login page using a plugin or manual coding.
We’ll also discuss why and when you should consider hiding the login page, including improving branding and user experience.
As experts in website security, we’ll provide you with the knowledge and expertise to help keep your website safe.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to Hide The WordPress Login Page, check out this video tutorial:
How To Hide The WordPress Login Page?
Here is how to hide the WordPress login page URL:
- Sign in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on “Plugins” and then “Add New”.
- Search for “WPS Hide Login” plugin and install it.
- Activate the plugin after installation.
- Click on “Settings” and scroll down to find “WPS Hide Login” option.
- Change the current WordPress dashboard login URL to the desired one.
- Click on “Save Changes” to save the new URL.
- Log out of your WordPress dashboard.
- Enter your domain name and the new URL in the browser and hit enter.
- You have successfully changed your WordPress dashboard login URL.
By following these simple steps, you can easily hide your WordPress login page URL. This can help in securing your website from unauthorized access.
Can’t Hide The WordPress Login Page – How to fix it?
If you’re having trouble hiding your WordPress login page, don’t worry – you’re not alone. Fortunately, there are several solutions to this issue.
One possible solution is to use a plugin like WPS Hide Login. This plugin allows you to change the default login URL to something more obscure, making it harder for hackers to find. To use this plugin, simply install and activate it from the plugins section of your dashboard, then navigate to the WPS Hide Login settings page and enter your desired login URL.
Another option is to use a security plugin like Wordfence or iThemes Security. These plugins offer a range of security features, including the ability to hide your login page and protect against brute force attacks.
If you’re comfortable with coding, you can also manually edit your .htaccess file to redirect requests to the default login URL to a different URL of your choosing. This method requires a bit more technical knowledge, but can be a highly effective way to secure your login page.
No matter which solution you choose, it’s important to take steps to secure your WordPress login page. By following these tips, you can help protect your site from unauthorized access and keep your data safe.
Why and When Should You Hide The WordPress Login Page?
There are a few reasons why you might want to hide the WordPress login page:
- Security: By hiding the login page, you can make it harder for hackers to find it and attempt to brute force their way into your website.
- Branding: If you’re running a membership site or a site with user accounts, you might want to customize the login page to match your brand.
- User Experience: By customizing the login page, you can make it easier for your users to remember the URL and access their account.
So when should you hide the WordPress login page? If you’re concerned about security or want to improve the user experience on your site, it’s a good idea to consider hiding the login page. However, it’s important to note that hiding the login page won’t completely prevent hackers from trying to access your site. It’s just one step in a larger security strategy.
Conclusion – Hide The WordPress Login Page
In today’s digital age, website security is of utmost importance.
One way to increase the security of your WordPress website is by hiding the login page URL.
By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can easily hide your WordPress login page URL and protect your website from unauthorized access.
If you encounter any issues, there are several solutions available, including using a plugin or manually editing your .htaccess file.
It’s important to remember that hiding the login page is just one step in a larger security strategy.
However, it can also improve branding and user experience on your website.
As experts in website security, we hope this blog post has provided you with the knowledge and expertise to help keep your website safe.