Are you tired of the standard WordPress post layout? Do you want to showcase your content in a more visually appealing way? If so, you’re in luck – in this blog post, we’ll show you how to display WordPress posts in a grid layout.
We’ll cover everything from installing plugins to creating custom layouts, and we’ll explain why and when you should use a grid layout for your posts.
Whether you’re a blogger, marketer, or business owner, displaying your content in a grid layout can improve user experience, increase engagement, and showcase your creativity.
So, let’s get started!
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to Display WordPress Posts In A Grid Layout, check out this video tutorial:
How To Display WordPress Posts In A Grid Layout:
- Open your WordPress dashboard.
- Hover over on “Plugin” and click on “Add New”.
- Search for “Content Views” and install this plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
- Click on “Content Views” which is added as a new option.
- Click on “Add New” and give a title for your grid layout.
- Select “Content Type” as “Post”.
- Scroll down and click on “Filter by Taxonomy”.
- Select the taxonomy, in this case, “Categories”.
- Select the categories you want to show up on your grid layout.
- Click on “Save”.
- Click on “Display Settings” and select “Grid” as “Layout”.
- Add “Items per row” if you want to show three items to a row, select “3”.
- Click on “Save” or “Update Preview” to see the preview.
- Copy the shortcode.
- Create a new page and click on the plus icon.
- Search for “Shortcode” and click on it.
- Paste your copied code here and publish.
- Now you can see your post in a grid layout on the new page.
Make sure to add HTML markup language to the output to make it functional.
Can’t Display WordPress Posts In A Grid Layout – How to fix it?
If you’re having trouble displaying your WordPress posts in a grid layout, there are a few possible solutions you can try:
- Use a plugin: As shown in the video tutorial, you can use a plugin like Content Views to create a grid layout for your posts. Simply install and activate the plugin, create a new layout with the desired settings, copy the shortcode, and paste it into a new page.
- Use a theme with built-in grid layout: Some WordPress themes come with built-in grid layout options, which can save you the trouble of using a plugin. Check your theme’s documentation or settings to see if this is an option.
- Create a custom grid layout: If you have coding experience, you can create a custom grid layout using HTML, CSS, and PHP. This will require more time and effort than using a plugin or theme, but it will give you more control over the design and functionality of your grid.
Whichever solution you choose, make sure to test your grid layout on different devices and browsers to ensure that it looks and functions correctly for all of your visitors.
Why and When Should You Display WordPress Posts In A Grid Layout?
Displaying WordPress posts in a grid layout can be beneficial for a variety of reasons, including:
- Improved User Experience: Grid layouts make it easier for users to quickly scan and find the content they are interested in. This is especially useful for websites with a large number of posts or content-heavy pages.
- Increased Engagement: By making your content more visually appealing and easier to navigate, you are more likely to keep users on your site for longer periods of time and increase engagement with your content.
- Organization: Grid layouts can help you organize your content and make it easier for users to find related posts or content.
- Creativity: Grid layouts offer a lot of creative flexibility, allowing you to showcase your content in unique and visually appealing ways.
When should you use a grid layout? Here are a few scenarios where a grid layout might be a good choice:
- You have a large number of posts or content-heavy pages that can benefit from improved organization and navigation.
- You want to showcase related posts or content in a visually appealing way.
- You want to increase engagement with your content and keep users on your site for longer periods of time.
- You want to showcase your content in a unique and creative way.
Overall, displaying WordPress posts in a grid layout can be a great way to improve user experience, increase engagement, and showcase your content in a visually appealing way. With the help of plugins like Content Views, it’s easy to create custom grid layouts that fit your website’s specific needs.
Conclusion – Display WordPress Posts In A Grid Layout
Incorporating a grid layout for your WordPress posts can greatly enhance user experience, increase engagement, and showcase your creativity.
By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can easily create a visually appealing grid layout for your posts using the Content Views plugin.
However, if you encounter any issues, there are alternative solutions such as using a theme with built-in grid layout options or creating a custom grid layout using HTML, CSS, and PHP.
It’s important to test your grid layout on different devices and browsers to ensure it functions correctly for all visitors.
Ultimately, a grid layout is a great choice for websites with a large number of posts or content-heavy pages, as well as for showcasing related content or increasing engagement with your audience.