Are you struggling to change the author of a post in WordPress? Whether you need to update the author information for organizational purposes or to maintain consistency after importing content, it’s essential to know how to make this change.
In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of changing the author in WordPress, including troubleshooting tips if you encounter any issues.
Plus, we’ll explain why and when you may need to change the author of a post, so you can better manage your content and give proper credit where it’s due.
Let’s dive in!
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to Change Author In WordPress, check out this video tutorial:
How To Change Author In WordPress?
Here is how to change the author of a post in WordPress:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on “Posts” from the left-hand menu.
- Select the post(s) you want to change the author for by clicking on the checkbox next to each post.
- Click on the “Bulk Actions” dropdown menu and select “Edit”.
- Click on the “Apply” button.
- Scroll down to the “Author” section and click on it.
- Select the new author from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the “Update” button to save the changes.
That’s it! The author of the selected post(s) has now been changed to the new author you selected. Repeat these steps for any additional posts you want to change the author for.
Can’t Change Author In WordPress – How to fix it?
If you’re having trouble changing the author of a post in WordPress, there are a few possible solutions to try. Here are some options:
1. Check user permissions: Make sure that the user account you’re using to make the change has the appropriate permissions to do so. If you’re not an administrator or editor, you may not have the ability to change the author of a post.
2. Use a plugin: There are several plugins available that can help you change the author of a post in WordPress. Some popular options include the “Co-Authors Plus” plugin and the “Post Author” plugin.
3. Edit the database: If you’re comfortable working with the WordPress database, you can manually change the author of a post by editing the “wp_posts” table. Look for the “post_author” column and change the value to the ID of the user you want to assign as the author.
4. Contact support: If none of these solutions work for you, reach out to WordPress support for assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and find a solution.
Remember, it’s always a good idea to backup your WordPress site before making any major changes to the database or using plugins. This can help prevent data loss and ensure that your site stays up and running smoothly.
Why and When Should You Change Author in WordPress?
Changing the author of a post in WordPress can be useful in various situations. Here are some of the reasons why and when you may need to change the author:
- When a post is written by someone who is no longer with your organization or has left the project, you may want to change the author to the current person responsible for the content.
- If you have multiple authors on your website, you may want to change the author of a post to give proper credit or to organize your content better.
- When you import content from another website or platform, the author information may not be transferred correctly. Changing the author can help you maintain consistency and avoid confusion.
To change the author of a post in WordPress, follow these steps:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and click on “Posts”.
- Select the post or multiple posts you want to change the author for.
- Click on “Bulk Actions” and select “Edit”.
- Click on “Apply”.
- Under the “Author” section, select the new author from the dropdown menu.
- Click on “Update” to save the changes.
By changing the author of a post, you can keep your content organized, up-to-date, and properly attributed.
Conclusion – Change Author In WordPress
Changing the author of a post in WordPress is a simple process that can be done in a few easy steps.
Whether you need to update the author information for organizational or attribution purposes, it’s essential to know how to make this change.
If you encounter any issues, there are several troubleshooting options available, including checking user permissions, using a plugin, editing the database, or contacting support.
Changing the author of a post can be useful in various situations, such as when a post is written by someone who is no longer with your organization, or to give proper credit to multiple authors.
By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can easily change the author of a post in WordPress and keep your content organized and properly attributed.