Have you ever received spam messages or unwanted bots on your WordPress website? If so, adding reCAPTCHA can provide an added layer of security to protect your site.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to add reCAPTCHA to your WordPress website, as well as solutions to common issues you may encounter.
We will also explore why and when you should consider adding reCAPTCHA to your site, including preventing spam, protecting user data, and improving the user experience.
As experts in WordPress development, we will share our knowledge and experience to help you easily add reCAPTCHA to your site.
If you prefer to watch a video tutorial on how to Add Recaptcha To WordPress, check out this video tutorial:
How To Add Recaptcha To WordPress?
Here is how to add reCAPTCHA to WordPress:
- Install two plugins: Contact Form 7 and Contact Form 7 reCAPTCHA.
- Hover over on settings and click on the new option that appears.
- Generate site key and secret key by clicking on the respective buttons.
- Enter your domain name, select reCAPTCHA version 2, and select “I’m not a robot” checkbox.
- Enter your email address and check the option to agree to the terms of service.
- Click on submit and copy the site key from the generated keys.
- Paste the site key in the side key option in your WordPress dashboard.
- Copy the secret key and paste it in the secret key box in your WordPress dashboard.
- Click on save settings.
- Copy the shortcode provided.
- Edit the page where you want to add reCAPTCHA and click on the plus icon.
- Select shortcode and paste the copied shortcode.
- Update the page and view it to see the reCAPTCHA box added.
That’s it! Follow these steps to easily add reCAPTCHA to your WordPress website.
Can’t Add reCAPTCHA to WordPress – How to Fix It?
Adding reCAPTCHA to your WordPress site can help prevent spam and unwanted form submissions. Here are some possible solutions to add reCAPTCHA to your WordPress site:
- Install the Contact Form 7 plugin and the Contact Form 7 reCAPTCHA plugin from the WordPress plugin repository.
- Generate a site key and a secret key from Google reCAPTCHA website.
- Enter the site key and secret key in the Contact Form 7 reCAPTCHA plugin settings.
- Add the reCAPTCHA shortcode provided by the plugin to your Contact Form 7 form.
Once you have installed and activated both plugins, navigate to the Contact Form 7 settings and click on the reCAPTCHA tab. Generate your site key and secret key from the Google reCAPTCHA website and enter them into the Contact Form 7 reCAPTCHA settings.
Next, copy the shortcode provided by the plugin and add it to your Contact Form 7 form. This will add the reCAPTCHA box to your form, preventing spam and unwanted submissions.
By following these steps, you can easily add reCAPTCHA to your WordPress site and protect it from unwanted form submissions.
Why and When Should You Add reCAPTCHA to WordPress?
Adding reCAPTCHA to your WordPress website can provide an added layer of security to protect your site from spam and unwanted bots. Here are some reasons why and when you should consider adding reCAPTCHA to your WordPress site:
- Prevent spam: By adding reCAPTCHA to your contact forms, comments section, and login forms, you can prevent spam and unwanted messages from bots.
- Protect user data: reCAPTCHA can help protect user data by preventing bots from accessing your site and stealing sensitive information.
- Improve user experience: By preventing spam and unwanted messages, you can improve the overall user experience on your site, making it easier for users to engage with your content.
- Easy to install: Adding reCAPTCHA to your WordPress site is easy and can be done with just a few clicks by installing the Contact Form 7 and Contact Form 7 reCAPTCHA plugins.
- Customizable: reCAPTCHA can be customized to fit the needs of your site, including selecting the type of reCAPTCHA and the level of difficulty.
Overall, adding reCAPTCHA to your WordPress site can provide added security, protect user data, and improve the overall user experience. It is a simple and effective way to prevent unwanted spam and bots from accessing your site.
Conclusion – Add Recaptcha To WordPress
Incorporating reCAPTCHA to your WordPress website is a simple and effective way to prevent spam and unwanted bots from accessing your site, protecting user data and improving the overall user experience.
By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can easily add reCAPTCHA to your WordPress site and prevent spam.
If you encounter any issues, there are several solutions you can try, including installing the required plugins, generating the correct site key and secret key, checking the shortcode, double-checking the keys, and checking for conflicts with other plugins or themes.
Adding reCAPTCHA to your WordPress site is a customizable and easy-to-install solution that can provide added security and improve the user experience.